We are acknowledged leaders in the field, advising on all housing law issues, with extensive experience of practice in courts and tribunals throughout England and Wales. Our rapidly expanding team of housing law barristers is regularly instructed by major housing associations and other social housing landlords, both for the purposes of providing expert legal advice as well as representation. Our expertise means that we also act for tenants as well as landlords, although due to professional conflicts prospective clients are asked to check with the clerks first.
These are just some of the areas of law that we cover:
- Residential lease and licence issues
- Revision/updating of tenancy agreements
- Housing strategy
- Right to Buy and succession claims
- Advice on possession, disrepair and injunction claims
- Homelessness appeals
- Applications for warrants of arrest in ASBIs
- Committal applications
- Anti-social behaviour remedies in general
- Cases of vulnerability and mental health issues
- Equality Act 2010 and public law matters
This list is not exhaustive. For further information on how we can help, including providing in-house seminars and training, please contact Clair Wadden or Kate Brunton.